Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-Book or Printed Book for Education in Indonesia

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E-Book or Printed Book for Education in Indonesia





    E-Book or Printed Book for Education in Indonesia
    By Santoso Suratso / [email protected]

    If you do focus group customer survey on the above topic, most likely the winner is printed book. What do you think? I think you would agree as well. There are so much nice things about touching paper on printed book, the smell, the feeling of holding the printed book in your hand... ahh just luxury.

    I remember back in 1996 when digital camera was just invented, I was managing director for Kodak distributor in Indonesia. We did the same survey, and the result was that digital camera will never replace film camera, the develop and print business (Fuji Image Plaza and Kodak Express) will never change. People want to keep printed memories, moments and digital photos can get lost or erased.

    You know what? In just 10 years by 2006 over 80% of develop and print business are out of business and they closed their store forever. Film camera down by about 95% and digital camera grow more than one hundred fold. What about people want printed memories as in the survey? Well the answer is people change their mind after the find out about facebook.
    The same can be said, if Apple listen to the customer survey that phone keyboard is favored then may be iPhone will never exist now.

    Eventhough printed photo as memories are better, but they are many other factors, may be the cost of film and developing it is too much. Eventhough phone with keyboard is favored but there are so many benefits of larger screen.

    So nobody can ever know for sure.

    Yes may be printed book has the smell of paper, the rustle of the pages as the reader flips, the rustic experience that dont exist from the cold ebook in tablet. But ther are many other factors to consider when discussing the matter of ebook vs printed book.

    Do you think the costs of paper, printing, handling matters? Do you think printed books which has been used by many people still smell good? Do you care the hygienic of shared printed books? What about transporting printed books to isolated area vs electronically? What about the benefits of the technology, such as ebook that read itself?

    I do not have the answer of the future, and no one does, but I have seen how film photo died, and also how CD’s and DVD’s died, will I see the same thing again in printed book?

    Give your comment, thank you.
    Last edited by pelajar; 27-01-15, 06:50 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by pelajar View Post



    E-Book or Printed Book for Education in Indonesia
    By Santoso Suratso / [email protected]

    If you do focus group customer survey on the above topic, most likely the winner is printed book. What do you think? I think you would agree as well. There are so much nice things about touching paper on printed book, the smell, the feeling of holding the printed book in your hand... ahh just luxury.

    I remember back in 1996 when digital camera was just invented, I was managing director for Kodak distributor in Indonesia. We did the same survey, and the result was that digital camera will never replace film camera, the develop and print business (Fuji Image Plaza and Kodak Express) will never change. People want to keep printed memories, moments and digital photos can get lost or erased.

    You know what? In just 10 years by 2006 over 80% of develop and print business are out of business and they closed their store forever. Film camera down by about 95% and digital camera grow more than one hundred fold. What about people want printed memories as in the survey? Well the answer is people change their mind after the find out about facebook.
    The same can be said, if Apple listen to the customer survey that phone keyboard is favored then may be iPhone will never exist now.

    Eventhough printed photo as memories are better, but they are many other factors, may be the cost of film and developing it is too much. Eventhough phone with keyboard is favored but there are so many benefits of larger screen.

    So nobody can ever know for sure.

    Yes may be printed book has the smell of paper, the rustle of the pages as the reader flips, the rustic experience that dont exist from the cold ebook in tablet. But ther are many other factors to consider when discussing the matter of ebook vs printed book.

    Do you think the costs of paper, printing, handling matters? Do you think printed books which has been used by many people still smell good? Do you care the hygienic of shared printed books? What about transporting printed books to isolated area vs electronically? What about the benefits of the technology, such as ebook that read itself?

    I do not have the answer of the future, and no one does, but I have seen how film photo died, and also how CD’s and DVD’s died, will I see the same thing again in printed book?

    Give your comment, thank you.

    Kayanya sih butuh proses yang lebih lama lagi untuk mensosialisasikan ebook menjadi buku utama dalam pelajaran di masing-masing sekolah. Emang sih bisa menghemat konsumsi kertas atau buku dan bisa membantu untuk meminimalisir global warming.
    Hamura Agency : digital agency Jakarta yang siap membantu perusahaan Anda menjadi mudah di akses secara digital.

    Comment


    • #3
      E-Book its good, asal jangan sampai esensi menulis jadi hilang yang di dalam jaman millenial seperti sekarang ini

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pelajar View Post



        E-Book or Printed Book for Education in Indonesia
        By Santoso Suratso / [email protected]

        If you do focus group customer survey on the above topic, most likely the winner is printed book. What do you think? I think you would agree as well. There are so much nice things about touching paper on printed book, the smell, the feeling of holding the printed book in your hand... ahh just luxury.

        I remember back in 1996 when digital camera was just invented, I was managing director for Kodak distributor in Indonesia. We did the same survey, and the result was that digital camera will never replace film camera, the develop and print business (Fuji Image Plaza and Kodak Express) will never change. People want to keep printed memories, moments and digital photos can get lost or erased.

        You know what? In just 10 years by 2006 over 80% of develop and print business are out of business and they closed their store forever. Film camera down by about 95% and digital camera grow more than one hundred fold. What about people want printed memories as in the survey? Well the answer is people change their mind after the find out about facebook.
        The same can be said, if Apple listen to the customer survey that phone keyboard is favored then may be iPhone will never exist now.

        Eventhough printed photo as memories are better, but they are many other factors, may be the cost of film and developing it is too much. Eventhough phone with keyboard is favored but there are so many benefits of larger screen.

        So nobody can ever know for sure.

        Yes may be printed book has the smell of paper, the rustle of the pages as the reader flips, the rustic experience that dont exist from the cold ebook in tablet. But ther are many other factors to consider when discussing the matter of ebook vs printed book.

        Do you think the costs of paper, printing, handling matters? Do you think printed books which has been used by many people still smell good? Do you care the hygienic of shared printed books? What about transporting printed books to isolated area vs electronically? What about the benefits of the technology, such as ebook that read itself?

        I do not have the answer of the future, and no one does, but I have seen how film photo died, and also how CD’s and DVD’s died, will I see the same thing again in printed book?

        Give your comment, thank you.
        welcome to the paperless era...
        Penulis Cilik adalah sarana anak-anak kreatif di ASIA. Isinya seputar berita anak, parenting Indonesia, cerita anak, dongeng anak, cerpen anak, puisi anak.

        Comment


        • #5

          thank you for sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.


          Punya penyakit Stroke? Tidak usah khawatir disini kami merekomendasikan Obat Stroke Ringan Alami dan manjur yang tidak mempunyai efek samping apapun bagi tubuh. Dan telah terbukti dapat memulihkan penderita stroke ringan yang langsung bekerja ke akar penderita stroke.

          Comment


          • #6
            This is really amazing, an article that gives motivation to all and truly useful. thank you, do not forget to visit also yes :-)
            Makanan Khusus Penderita Hernia
            Makanan Khusus Penderita Hernia ,- Disamping pengobatan, penderita hernia juga dianjurkan untuk mengkonsumsi makanan yang baik untuk penderita hernia. Hal ini agar pengobatan yang dilakukan dapat memberikan hasil yang maksimal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Indonesian students should pay more attention
              Buah penurun kolesterol secara cepat
              Ada banyak cara yang dapat dilakukan oleh penderita kolesterol dalam menurunkan kolesterol yang berada dalam tubunya, diantaranya dengan mengatur pola makan sehat dan mengkonsumsi Buah Penurun Kolesterol Secara Cepat , sertai juga dengan melakukan olahraga secara rutin.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ebook merupakan trobosan baru untuk memanfaatkan banyaknya pengguna gadget

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is really amazing, an article that gives motivation to all and truly useful. thank you, do not forget to visit also yes :-) mobdro

                  Regards tubemate
                  Last edited by sunnywilson09; 21-06-20, 09:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nobody can know for sure, but for printed books, they may still have some ways to go, especially in the field of education in Indonesia.

                    As a middle school student in Jakarta, here in the capital, most of us have easy and reliable access to the internet, where we can obtain e-books and other educational materials. Most of us have our personal smartphones and personal computers readily available, and for those who do not, most schools are usually understanding of the student's conditions and lend them access through the school's computer lab or by other means. More and more schools adopt these e-books as the main source of educational material, replacing printed books. Most of us have found the added benefits of e-books (quick navigation, search function, online collaboration via office apps, etc) to be effective for learning, together with the implementation of other e-learning solutions such as online document collaborations, student's data cloud, etc.

                    However, this may not be the case for rural regions, the costs associated with maintaining the use of smartphones/PCs outweighs the benefits of using e-books as the main source of education material. Using e-books in classes for the whole school day drains the battery, where the school must prepare a way for the students to be able to use their devices for the whole day long. Downloading these e-books may be difficult in places with poor network coverage, and with .PDFs being quite big, may pose another problem. And since using e-books almost always means also adopting other e-learning solutions associated with using e-books (and as these schools may not have the technical and/or human resource for managing other e-learning solutions), these schools will still favor printed books.

                    --

                    Both paragraphs above are what I would say if the current COVID-19 pandemic did not happen. Now, with almost every school nationwide adopting e-learning solutions to combat the difficulty of executing daily school activities (Kegiatan Belajar Mengajar [KBM]) from home, almost every student uses e-books, along with other e-learning solutions (Office Online, Docs, teleconferencing, etc.). The current situation accelerates the adoption of e-learning solutions in schools throughout Indonesia (along with e-books!), although it has already been witnessed issues regarding some schools not having the resources to use these solutions.

                    (please tell me if there are any mistakes in my English, I'm always happy to learn something new)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ibndanish View Post
                      Nobody can know for sure, but for printed books, they may still have some ways to go, especially in the field of education in Indonesia.

                      As a middle school student in Jakarta, here in the capital, most of us have easy and reliable access to the internet, where we can obtain e-books and other educational materials. Most of us have our personal smartphones and personal computers readily available, and for those who do not, most schools are usually understanding of the student's conditions and lend them access through the school's computer lab or by other means. More and more schools adopt these e-books as the main source of educational material, replacing printed books. Most of us have found the added benefits of e-books (quick navigation, search function, online collaboration via office apps, etc) to be effective for learning, together with the implementation of other e-learning solutions such as online document collaborations, student's data cloud, etc.

                      However, this may not be the case for rural regions, the costs associated with maintaining the use of smartphones/PCs outweighs the benefits of using e-books as the main source of education material. Using e-books in classes for the whole school day drains the battery, where the school must prepare a way for the students to be able to use their devices for the whole day long. Downloading these e-books may be difficult in places with poor network coverage, and with .PDFs being quite big, may pose another problem. And since using e-books almost always means also adopting other e-learning solutions associated with using e-books (and as these schools may not have the technical and/or human resource for managing other e-learning solutions), these schools will still favor printed books.

                      --

                      Both paragraphs above are what I would say if the current COVID-19 pandemic did not happen. Now, with almost every school nationwide adopting e-learning solutions to combat the difficulty of executing daily school activities (Kegiatan Belajar Mengajar [KBM]) from home, almost every student uses e-books, along with other e-learning solutions (Office Online, Docs, teleconferencing, etc.). The current situation accelerates the adoption of e-learning solutions in schools throughout Indonesia (along with e-books!), although it has already been witnessed issues regarding some schools not having the resources to use these solutions.

                      (please tell me if there are any mistakes in my English, I'm always happy to learn something new)
                      You're still a middle school student? Wow! Your English is good! Though sorry I'm not skilled enough to notice some mistakes so I can't correct your sentences.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post

                        You're still a middle school student? Wow! Your English is good! Though sorry I'm not skilled enough to notice some mistakes so I can't correct your sentences.
                        Thank you. Yeah, I'm still a middle school student (SMP 3). Usually, in language classes (English, Bahasa Indonesia, etc.), there are heavy monthly assignments to write essays or papers, so I'm quite used to write these. That, or I'm just bored after 4 months without intensive school activities.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ibndanish View Post

                          Thank you. Yeah, I'm still a middle school student (SMP 3). Usually, in language classes (English, Bahasa Indonesia, etc.), there are heavy monthly assignments to write essays or papers, so I'm quite used to write these. That, or I'm just bored after 4 months without intensive school activities.
                          Which SMP 3? Almost every region has SMP 3 (unless there's only 2 SMPN in said regions). Where do you live?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post

                            Which SMP 3? Almost every region has SMP 3 (unless there's only 2 SMPN in said regions). Where do you live?
                            It's SMPN 85 Jakarta, in South Jakarta.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ibndanish View Post

                              It's SMPN 85 Jakarta, in South Jakarta.
                              Ah, I see. Hope you can make this forum active.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X